The Petro-Canada CareMakers Foundation National Grant program is intended to inspire transformational change in the lives of family caregivers across Canada.
Our focus is to fund projects and programs that:
- Alleviate the systematic challenges faced by family caregivers across Canada
- Support thought leadership and research programs that illuminate these challenges
- Provide new insights
- Suggest innovative solutions
- Create tools or resources for family caregivers.
The national grants are single year grants with a maximum value of $300,000, and are accessible annually.
To be considered for this grant, each applicant must:
- Be a registered Canadian charity
- Be working primarily to support family caregivers as central to their mission
- Have the capacity to develop work that is applicable and relevant to a wide cross section of care partners across the country
We are unable to consider applications for the following:
- A professional sports group or team
- Endowment funds
- Fundraising campaigns or events
- Religious purposes, except secular programs provided by faith-based organizations that are open to any person, regardless of their religious beliefs and without the requirement of a belief in a specific faith to receive services
- Sponsorship of an event
- Support for a specific individual, caregiver or family
The National Grant application portal will open for 6 weeks beginning June 2 and close on July 14 by 11:59pm Mountain Standard Time.
- Call for application opens
- Charities review the application guideline and eligibility
- Eligible charities complete and submit an application
- CareMakers reviews applications
- Award notification
- Payment to grant recipient